Construction Heating Up This Summer on BMC Campus
If you have visited our campus recently, you may have noticed that BMC is well underway with construction. Changes in traffic patterns, walkways, and entrances to buildings are continuing, along with new buildings beginning to form.
Updates and changes taking place summer include:
Changes in traffic patterns along Massachusetts Avenue, Albany Street, and East Concord Street will continue on certain weekends due to construction activities, so we encourage you to leave a little extra time when driving around BMC and always use the designated walking paths and crosswalks.
- The construction on the steel frame for the Menino addition will begin in late June and continue through July.
- The renovated Menino gift shop will reopen early 2016.
- The exterior structural build of the Moakley Building addition is nearing completion. Exterior wall activities will continue into early July. In order to connect the addition to the existing building, construction will occur in the Radiation Oncology, Otolaryngology, and Multi-Specialties department this summer.
- Pedestrian traffic may be shifted while construction workers work to retile the floor and reconfigure the walls in the Yawkey Building. Also, Yawkey 3 will remain closed until construction is completed end of 2015.
- The Santander ATM located outside of the employee pharmacy in Yawkey is temporarily relocating near the food court in the Yawkey lobby.
- To access the Food Pantry, WIC Office, Demonstration Kitchen, and Interpreter Services please continue to use the Dowling elevators.