Pediatric Pain Clinic Opens at BMC
Does your child suffer from chronic pain and you’re not sure where to turn for help? The new Pediatric Pain Clinic at Boston Medical Center can provide relief.
Managing acute, complex, and recurrent pain, our team of experts work closely with each patient’s primary care physician, striving to help children regain normal lives.
“Children with chronic pain often undergo countless diagnostic tests, and may see many different providers in an effort to determine the cause of their pain,” said the program’s Medical Director Caitlin Neri, MD, MPH. “Our role is to review the patient’s past medical work up and determine if further evaluation is necessary. Once we are comfortable that certain causes for pain have been ruled out, then our approach can completely focus on the management of the pain itself.”
BMC is pleased to offer the following pediatric pain treatments and therapies:
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain including:
- o Complex regional pain syndrome
- o Pain related to Sickle Cell Disease
- o Other musculoskeletal pain syndromes
- Chronic headache
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Any other distressing painful condition
- Physical therapy and home exercise programs (referrals provided)
- Psychological treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Integrative medicine strategies
- Training in coping strategies such as progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, biofeedback, hypnosis, and self-regulation
To schedule an appointment, call 617.414.4841.