Transgender Patient Resources
A online, visual guide to different resources available. Click icon to expand map legend.
- AIDS Action Committee
- AIDS Action is New England’s largest provider of services to people living with HIV/AIDS and populations at risk of infection. AIDS Action leads the state’s Getting To Zero Coalition, which seeks to reduce the number of HIV infections to zero and operates a needle exchange that serves as an entry point to healthcare services for active substance users. In 2013, AIDS Action Committee became a part of Fenway Health, which works to make life healthier for the people in our neighborhoods, the LGBT community, people living with HIV/AIDS and the broader population.
- BAGLY (Boston Alliance of Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender youth)
- BAGLY offers support for GLBT youth
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
- A resource for transgender primary care for those who are homeless or marginally housed
- Center for American Progress
- The Center for American Progress is an independent nonpartisan policy institute that is dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans, through bold, progressive ideas, as well as strong leadership and concerted action. Our aim is not just to change the conversation, but to change the country.
- Community Catalyst
- A national, non-profit consumer advocacy organization
- Compass support group for FTM
- A New England area female-to-male (FTM) trans support, information, and social group for people assigned female at birth who feel that is not an accurate or complete description of their gender
- The Fenway Institute
- The educational arm of Fenway Health
- GLAD - Legal Advocates and Defenders of the LGBTQ Community
- Through strategic litigation, public policy advocacy, and education, GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders works in New England and nationally to create a just society free of discrimination based on gender identity and expression, HIV status, and sexual orientation.
- Greater Boston PFLAG
- We are a group of parents, families, friends, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people. We help change attitudes and create an environment of understanding so that our LGBTQ family members and friends can live in a world that is safe and inclusive. We accomplish this through support, education, and advocacy.
- Health Care for All
- Health Care For All advocates for health justice in Massachusetts by working to promote health equity and ensure coverage and access for all.
- Health Law Advocates
- Provides free legal services for low-income transgender people
- Human Rights Campaign
- The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
- The LGBT Aging Project
- A non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender older adults have equal access to the life-prolonging benefits, protections, services and institutions.
- The Massachusetts Commission on LGBT Youth
- The Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ youth advises others in state government on effective policies, programs, and resources for LGBTQ youth.
- Mass Equality
- MassEquality is the leading statewide grassroots advocacy organization working to ensure that everyone across Massachusetts can thrive from cradle to grave without discrimination and oppression based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
- The Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) is dedicated to ending oppression and discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression.
- National Center for Transgender Equality – Massachusetts
- The National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. In the nation’s capital and throughout the country, NCTE works to replace disrespect, discrimination, and violence with empathy, opportunity, and justice.
- TCNE, Tiffany Club of New England
- A social and support organization for the transgender community
- Transgender Vet to Vet
- A support group run out of the Veteran's Administrationy