WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Nutrition Program
Boston Medical Center (BMC) offers WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Nutrition Program. This is a free program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy food, breastfeeding support, and other services free of charge to qualifying Massachusetts families.
What does the WIC program provide?
WIC was developed with the goal of keeping women who are breastfeeding or pregnant, and children under five years old healthy through the following services:
- Personalized nutrition information, consultations, and support
- Free healthy food
- Breastfeeding support and nutrition
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing, fuel assistance, and other services that can benefit the whole family
- Immunization screening and referral
- Health workshops on a variety of topics including meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, caring for a new baby, and much more!
How do I sign up for WIC?
WIC is for all kinds of families: married and single parents who are employed or unemployed.
Click here to find out if you or your family qualifies for WIC.
Call 617.425.2070 todayto find out more about the WIC Program and to schedule your first appointment.
WIC has day, evening, and Saturday appointments available. Walk-in appointments are also welcome.
South End WIC Program
1601 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02118