Please bookmark this page to stay updated on our campus redesign.
BMC is transforming its clinical campus to prepare the hospital to thrive well into the future. The multi-year redesign consolidates inpatient operations to the Menino side of the campus and transitions services out of the Newton Pavilion in 2018. Our goal at BMC is to enhance our patient experience by consolidating our services, providing innovative healthcare with our new state-of-the-art accommodations and surgical suites, and ensuring that patients can easily locate their doctor’s office. The result will be modern, welcoming and more efficient spaces to provide the best possible care to patients.
The redesign will include:
- An expanded Emergency Department (ED) unified with Urgent Care and with a separate Behavioral Health area
- Creation of a Radiology Department next to the ED
- Creation of a centralized location for state-of-the-art operating room suites
- A new Women & Infants' Center in Yawkey, including private labor and delivery rooms, as well as private NICU rooms
- Intensive Care Units in one location
- New bridge to transport trauma patients from the helipad to the ED
Questions or Concerns About Construction Activity?
If you have questions or concerns about the construction activity at BMC, such as noise, please report them to [email protected]. Emailed questions will be responded to within 24 hours.
Thanks in advance for your patience.