|Author: Catherine Fanning||Recipe Type: Breakfast | Cuisine: Cereal||Serves: 1 Serving|
|Total Time: 15 Minutes | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes|
- 6 tablespoons coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raw strawberries
- Toast coconut flakes in heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently
- Dust with cinnamon
- Once cool, move to a bowl and cover with almond milk
- Serve with side of strawberries
- 1:1.33 ratio
|Serving Size: 1||Calories: 254|
When it comes to food, I'm all about texture. I love the satisfaction of crunch, and when I realized that's often an element missing from the ketogenic diet, I endeavored to create a cereal that might fill that void.
I found that toasted coconut chips offer the perfect medium for the task, crisping up quickly on the stovetop or in the oven.
Paired with unsweetened, low-glycemic almond milk, a touch of cinnamon and a side of strawberries, this simple breakfast is just the nutritional army you need to get a head start on the day.