Clinical services for patients and families affected by Alzheimer's disease and related memory problems are provided by BMC physicians who also hold faculty appointments with the Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center.
- We perform memory diagnostic workups, which can help determine whether memory loss is due to normal aging or a more serious problem, like Alzheimer’s disease.
- We offer medical treatment and follow-up care for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Support and consultation are available for long-term care planning, caregiver support, education and referrals for community resources, such as adult day programs.
- Opportunities are available to participate in cutting-edge research with access to clinical trials of new agents to treat progressive dementias like Alzheimer’s disease.
- We collaborate with the Alzheimer’s Association – to help link patients with their services and resources.
Download our Clinical Care Brochure (PDF) for more information about our services or visit the official website of the Alzheimer’s Disease Center, hosted by Boston University, for additional information.
We provide care in several settings located throughout eastern Massachusetts:
- Boston Medical Center – We have two outpatient clinic locations for your convenience:
- Boston Medical Center/Boston University Neurology Associates in Boston, MA
- Boston University Neurology Associates in Weymouth, MA
- Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical & Research Program – These clinical services are affiliated with the research arm of the Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical & Research Program, which carries out many clinical trials in Alzheimer’s disease. These trials provide interested patients with the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge Alzheimer’s research.
- Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital in Bedford, MA – Geriatric Research, Education & Clinical Center