The Boston Medical Center Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS).
Applicants must submit a complete ERAS application comprised of the following:
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must come from a faculty member in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. A chairman's letter is not required, but is encouraged.
- USMLE Transcript
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter
USMLE Step 1 results are required to be considered for an interview. USMLE Step 2 (CS and CK) results are required to be considered for the program and to become a licensed trainee in the state of Massachusetts.
International Medical Graduates
- All graduates of international medical schools must apply through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Must have had a minimum of one (1) year of "hands on" clinical experience in the U.S. Observerships or research rotations do not meet this requirement.
- No greater than three (3) years since the time of graduation from medical school.
- Boston Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa.
Interview dates for 2017 are as follows:
- November 8, 2017
- December 6, 2017
The application deadline is Monday, October 2, 2017.
For any additional questions or more information, please contact:
Residency Program Coordinator
Boston Medical Center
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
85 East Concord Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02118
E-mail: [email protected]