We have also expanded access to our telehealth services. You can call your doctor's office at any time to talk through your options for care, either in the clinic or through a video visit. And remember, the Emergency Department is always open. Do not hesitate to seek immediate care for an emergency.
How we're keeping you safe
- Screening: All patients will be asked several COVID-19 screening questions via phone or text 24 to 72 hours before arriving for their visit. Patients will also be screened upon arrival to the hospital/clinic before proceeding to clinical areas. During your onsite screening, we will ask you about symptoms, ask you to sanitize your hands, provide you with a mask, and remind you about social distancing procedures.
- Masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE): Everyone is required to wear a mask in our facilities. You will receive a mask at your onsite screening. All BMC employees will wear masks and other PPE, such as face shields and gowns, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Managing hospital space: To prevent over-crowding, we are limiting the number of patients on campus at any time, as well as limiting visitors. See our visitor policy.
- Managing person-to-person interactions: We are minimizing person-to-person interactions through the use of technology, including a nearly “touchless” check-in process.
- Changes to hospital navigation: We have also put into place physical distancing measures across the campus—including in cafeterias, elevators, waiting rooms, and lobbies.
- Enhanced cleaning: We have expanded our already thorough cleaning protocols. All of our sites are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.