To schedule an appointment with a health care provider in the Stroke and cerebrovascular Center at the Boston Medical Center campus, please call the provider or department directly. Remember, if you have an emergency, please dial 911. Depending on the type of insurance, a referral may be required.
To schedule an appointment with the stroke service or neurointerventional service
Please call: 617.638.8456, or fax: 617.638.8465
To schedule an appointment with neurosurgery
Please call: 617.638.8992, or fax: 617.638.8979
When You Arrive
- Please have some method of identification available, preferably with a picture.
- Please bring all insurance information with you when come for your scheduled appointment.
- If you are uninsured or underinsured, please bring three of the most current pay stubs from either yourself or a nearest family member who is currently employed.
- Know your referring physician or reason for appointment.
- Please have your referral number with you when you come if necessary.
The administrative office is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday. Each stroke neurologist, neurointerventionalist and neurosurgeon see patients 1-2 days per week and performs procedures, surgery, inpatient care, teaching and research on other days. We will do our best to accommodate your request for a particular day for an appointment.
Boston Medical Center is conveniently located in Boston’s historic South End and located off Route 93 in Boston.
The Stroke & Cerebrovascular Clinic
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street
7th Floor, Suite 7B
Boston, MA 02116
Parking is conveniently located nearby at the 710 Albany Street Parking Garage. Metered street parking is also available in the neighborhood surrounding BMC.
Valet parking is available in front of the Menino Pavilion at 840 Harrison Avenue for $12 per day. The Shapiro Center is a short walk from the Menino Pavilion.
You can also call BMC Connect toll-free at 800.841.4325 for additional assistance. BMC Connect is a toll-free telephone information service that offers easy access to information on a variety needs, including:
- Evaluation of a patient’s needs and assistance in scheduling appointments in a clinically appropriate time frame
- Answers to health questions and health information
- Assistance in selecting a primary care physician
- Help in finding the right physician and/or clinical service
BMC Connect is available Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. After normal business hours, callers may leave a message to be returned the following business day by a nurse.